Screening Process Pre-Requisite
Items for exchange will undergo a screening process to determine appropriate remedy for the defective item, whether it is for REPAIR, REPLACEMENT or REFUND. Items for exchange, due to customer’s change of mind or found to be caused by customer’s mishandling of item will not be entertained.
STEP 1: Check if the item is subject for REPAIR.
Office Warehouse will allow repair depending on product type and item is within warranty terms and conditions. As such, Office Warehouse will refer customer to respective manufacturer’s service center for repair. Details can be found on the next section - Policy Commencement and Warranty Terms per type of Product.
STEP 2: If item is irreparable, then Office Warehouse will consider REPLACEMENT of defective item, under the following terms and conditions:
- Defective item shall be replaced with the same model and brand of product originally bought by customer, while stocks supply last.
- In case of unavailability of stock/s, the following options are applicable:
- Customer may need to wait for replenishment of same model and brand of defective item.
- Customer to get an upgraded model of the same brand, a totally different model and brand, or a totally different product type, provided
- New item’s price point should equal or be more than the price of the defective item.
- Customer pays for the price difference or any excess in amount accordingly.
- Subject to approval of vendor where the defective item is due.
STEP 3: Office Warehouse to consider the last resort solution of REFUNDING the purchased item is found to be irreplaceable due to unavailability of stocks (i.e. item bought is last piece)
To reiterate, customers, however, are NOT ENTITLED TO EXCHANGE OR REFUND, due to
a. Customer’s sudden change of mind, and yet, item bought is in good working condition.
b. Defects were found to be caused by customer’s misuse or mishandling of item.
“Prohibition of No Return, No Exchange Policy” Title III, Chapter 1, Rule 2, Section 7 DAO of 1993, R.A. 7394 “The Consumer Act of the Philippines”
Policy Commencement and Warranty Terms per type of Product
Office and School Supplies
All items within this category may be replaced within seven (7) days from date of purchase, acceptance or pick-up of goods. Defective writing instruments will not be accepted for exchange, as such should be tested prior to purchase.
Repair and replacement of items is applicable within seven (7) days from date of purchase, acceptance or pick-up of goods. Warranty will apply only on selected parts of furniture and should be within warranty period. Damages due to normal wear and tear, misuse or mishandles are not covered by warranty.
Warranty Coverage for Chairs
- One (1) month warranty - plastic arm, gas lift, mechanism and screws
- Three (3) months warranty - plastic star base
- Castors are not covered by warranty.
Warranty Coverage for Cabinets, Cupboards, Pedestals and Tables
- Seven (7) days warranty - damaged key and key lock.
- Cabinet railings are not covered by warranty.
The warranty coverage shall be in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
Although Office Warehouse may assist customer in coordinating with manufacturer to process request of remedy for the defective item, request of process may take a longer time due to following logistics schedule both on Office Warehouse and manufacturer’s side. Thus, it is highly recommended for customer to directly send the defective item to manufacturer’s service center along with proof of purchase and warranty certificate to expedite processing of request.
Below are specific terms and conditions on repair and replacement of specific technology product categories:
Printer Inks and Consumables
Replacement of printer inks and consumables are subject to manufacturers testing, terms and conditions before replacement. In this regard, Office Warehouse will not automatically replace defective/tampered ink cartridges and toners. Office Warehouse, however, will process request of replacement to manufacturer where defective consumable is due, in behalf of customer.
Replacement will not apply if
- Item is found to be an imitation of the original.
- Introductory ink cartridge or toner attached to printer has been used, partially or in full.
Office Machines and Electronic Items (i.e Computer, Printers, Computer Accessories, etc.)
- Repair and replacement of these items should be in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
- Customer should report defective item to Office Warehouse along with warranty certificate and pertinent requirements as stated under the next section, Requirements for Submission.
- As stated above, Office Warehouse may request processing to manufacturer in behalf of customer, but may entail a longer waiting period due to logistics schedule. To expedite the process, however, customer may opt to directly bring the defective item to the nearest service center for proper item evaluation.
Requirements for Submission
Office Warehouse reserves the right to refuse acceptance of defective item if at least one (1) of the requirements below are incomplete:
- Official receipt/sales invoice indicating proof of purchase.
- Warranty Certificate showing item is within warranty period.
- Order Confirmation Email showing Purchase Order number of online transaction
- Product returned completely with accessories and packaging.
- Price tag is attached to the item, and
- Merchandise is returned in good, original, saleable condition. No scratches, dents and/or signs of tampering or mishandling
- Customer to submit a fully filled-out Request for Item Repair and Replacement Form. Form may be retrieved from participating chosen outlet where item was picked-up from or to be emailed by our online shopping Customer Care personnel.
In-Store and Pick-Up (Online Purchases)
- Online purchases picked-up from customer’s chosen outlet should be returned to the outlet where the item was retrieved.
- Customer to return item along with complete requirements as stated above. If complete, Office Warehouse outlet shall accept defective item and shall forward concern to respective manufacturer.
- Concerned outlet shall inform customer of status of request, once manufacturer has provided approval and next steps to complete the transaction.
Online Purchases Delivered to Customer:
- Intent to return defective items for repair or replacement should be raised to Office Warehouse Customer Care Hotline.
- Customer Care personnel shall provide schedule on next delivery date of pick-up of defective item.
- Customer to return item to delivery personnel along with complete requirements as stated above.
- Delivery personnel shall forward defective item and attached requirements to Office Warehouse head office for processing.
- Customer Care personnel shall call customer concerned of status of request via contact information. If approved, Customer Care shall schedule repair/replacement of item bought and estimated time table on return delivery of repaired/replaced item.
Refund Approval Process
- If customer request has been approved, a credit note/corporate check will be issued within three (3) to five (5) working days after refund request has been approved.
- Once check is ready, Office Warehouse will contact customer to confirm delivery date of check. It is highly recommended for customer to personally receive the check, and therefore a valid I.D. shall be requested prior to handling of check.